This last month has been a bit of a whirlwind with work and it has forced me to be on the road a bit more than usual. I’ve spent so much time behind the camera lately that I haven’t had a chance to play in front of it. During the day, I’m the Creative Director for an activewear company — check out my designs at BBDfitness — and this month we had the opportunity to showcase our newest collection on the FashioNXT runway in Portland, Oregon.
The constant fittings, meetings, shoots and travel made me adjust my typical work wardrobe from boots and dresses to a comfortable, easy yet stylish athleisure look. My go-to items? My favorite worn-in motocycle boots, sneaker wedges, flannel shirts and leather leggings. My favorite accessories? My Canon Rebel and some electric blue hair.
Some of my favorite moments from Portland and Seattle:
- Finding amazing industrial walls and warehouses to shoot
- Eating my favorite sea-salt dark chocolate caramels at Boehm’s Candies in Issaquah, WA (20 mins outside of Seattle)
- Shooting with one of my favorite models Taylor Bodine for the new Bleeding Edge collection
- Sewing alterations at 1 am in my hotel room
- Exploring the Pearl District with our founder Rachel Sigl and the team
I’m excited to share some of the new designs from the BBDfitness Fall/Winter Collection with you on the blog as well as some of my favorite shots from the shoot above. Stay tuned for more this week on the blog.